Strong leadership is a skill fundamental to the improvement and maintenance of a positive school culture that facilitates student achievement and faculty motivation. Golden Apple Foundation debuts the Investing in Excellence: Assistant Principal Development Program in partnership with First Rockford Group, Inc. and area school districts.
Each year, one Assistant Principal will be selected to attend the New and Aspiring School Leaders Program of the Harvard Graduate School of Education. The expenses covered by this program are tuition for the New and Aspiring School Leaders Program, round-trip airfare, and a hotel stay of four nights. Upon the recipient’s return he/she will conduct a workshop to share what he/she learned from the experience with administrators of other schools in the area.
Qualifying Assistant Principals must:
- have completed two years of experience as an Assistant Principal;
- have a maximum of five years of school leadership experience;
- anticipate becoming a principal within the next two years;
- be in good standing with his/her district/school;
- be an Assistant Principal in District 100, 122, 200, 205 or 207.
All applications must be received by the Golden Apple Foundation office located in Scarborough Hall, room 9, of Rockford University, 5050 E. State St., Rockford, IL 61108 by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 16, 2014. To download the application CLICK HERE.