Golden Apple Award Nominations & Portfolio Packet
Recognize an Outstanding Teacher in Winnebago and Boone County! Teachers are the heart of our community. They nurture our children's inquisitive minds and prepare them for the challenges of the future. They need and deserve our support.
Golden Apple Foundation honors outstanding teachers through the Golden Apple Award process. This program recognizes excellence in teaching and creates a legacy of excellence through the Golden Apple Academy where teachers pass on their skills.
Who is Eligible?
- Full-time, certified teachers: 6th - 12th grade in 2016-2017
- Teachers with five years of full-time teaching experience
- Teachers currently teaching full-time in a public school or ISBE recognized non-public school in Winnebago or Boone County
- Teachers who teach a group of students in a classroom on a regular basis and who are that group of students' primary teacher
- Teachers currently in good standing within their district
The deadline to nominate a 6th - 12th grade teacher for the 2017 Golden Apple Teacher Award is October 17, 2016.
Who can Nominate?
- Former Students
- School Personnel
Awards to Selected Teachers:
- Inscribed Golden Apple
- Recognition at the Golden Apple Awards Celebration
- Membership in Golden Apple Teacher Academy
- Cash Award
- Rockford University scholarship
- Professional development stipend
- Laptop computer
- Desktop computer for the classroom
Golden Apple Teacher Portfolio Packet 2016-2017: CLICK HERE.
Golden Apple Selection Process: CLICK HERE.