Golden Apple Foundation seeks to enhance the learning of PreK – 12th grade students throughout Winnebago and Boone counties for projects that would go unfunded by school budgets. Since its inception, Golden Apple Foundation and its valued sponsors have provided funding to 323 educators for 294 projects totaling more than $238,500. Thank you to our generous sponsors: Collins Aerospace, Meg & Rob Hodge, the Class of 2023, and the family of special education teacher Ann Dooley.
Simple grants up to $300 for resources like equipment, technology or books for the classroom, itemized and with a detailed explanation about how you will use them and specifically how students will benefit.
2022 Grant Recipients
- Large grants up to $1,500 per classroom or $2,500 for multi-classroom grants for innovative projects that go beyond the daily curriculum and planned activities in the classroom.
- Large grants up to $1,500 per classroom or $2,200 for needs for special education classrooms
- Large grants up to $1,500 per classroom or $2,500 for multi-classroom grants for Literacy projects or resources.
- Large grants up to $1,500 per classroom or $2,500 for multi-classroom grants for projects or resources to address mental health needs for students and/or teachers.
- Collins Aerospace STEM grants up to $1,500 for a single classroom or up to $2,500 for a multi-classroom or school-wide project.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Up to $300 for equipment, books or technology for a classroom. Use the simple form link goldenappleofrockford.com/simplegrant to apply online by Nov. 1, 2023.
Yes, but please no more than two (2) applications per teacher.
Large grants are offered up to $1,500 for a single classroom or up to $2,500 for a multi-classroom or school-wide grant. To apply for a large grant, you must fill out the large grant form here and return it with the requested information by Nov. 2, 2022. Large Grant Application
We are offering multiple Collins STEM grants up to $1,500 (single classroom) and up to $2,500 (multi-classroom/school-wide) this year. Fill out the large grant form here and return it with the requested information by Nov. 1, 2023. Large Grant Application